Wellness Care for the Pets of Schertz TX
Schertz Animal Hospital understands that pet owners want the best possible care and the longest, healthy life for their pets. Regular wellness pet exams are a key component to keeping pets healthy and catching issues early.
Annual Pet Exams
Our veterinarians recommend annual pet physical exams and blood work. Even young animals that appear completely healthy benefit from annual exams, as our veterinarians can monitor their vital statistics so that, should anything change, we will catch it early and give them the best possible chance of overcoming health issues.
Be sure to check our puppy and kitten care information and our senior pet care information for specific recommendations for the different stages of pet life.
Healthy food makes a healthy pet. While there are many pet food options available on the market today, there are some that are of higher quality than others. Be sure to check our pet nutrition information for our recommendations and guidelines.
Pets start vaccinations when they are puppies and kittens and continue to receive yearly boosters throughout their adult lives.
- A number of the diseases that pets are vaccinated against can also transfer to humans.
- Several of the diseases vaccinated against are fatal and untreatable but preventing them is as easy as a vaccination.
- Even indoor pets need vaccinations, as there are too many possibilities for them to come in contact with an infected animal:
- Escaping outdoors unattended
- Contact through screens or screen doors
- Bringing home a stray
- Pet sitting
- Contact with wild animals
- Heartworm—Heartworms are parasites that lodge in the heart of a cat or dog and can cause permanent damage. For cats, there is no treatment. Left untreated in dogs, it is fatal and the treatment is very hard on a dog’s system. Fortunately, preventing infection is possible and very effective. The veterinarians of Schertz Animal Hospital will evaluate your pet and recommend the proper preventives.
- Intestinal parasites—Dogs and cats come in contact with the eggs and larva of intestinal parasites like roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms and should be checked and treated regularly. Schertz Animal Hospital recommends yearly screening and regular deworming.
- Fleas and ticks—Some fleas and ticks carry diseases that can not only affect pets, but also humans who are bit. Fleas that make it into a home reproduce rapidly and lay many eggs in the house so removal becomes very difficult. Preventive measures are easy to administer. Our staff and veterinarians can recommend the best preventive for your pet.
Schertz Animal Hospital is committed to keeping your pet healthy and will partner with you to determine the best wellness options for your pet.
Awesome, caring, sympathetic and pets are Number One! — D.O
I LOVE Dr. Mossberg. He and the staff are Amazing and SOOO CARING! They are the BEST — M. Lerma
Dr. Mossburg is WONDERFUL! He is so patient! Answers all my questions. I don't feel rushed. He is just so awesome with our Sophie! — S. Cobarruvias
This is the only place I trust with my girl. They always take great care of my Yorkie. — A Byrd
We can't say enough about Schertz Animal Hospital. Dr. Rodriguez and the whole staff are wonderful and so caring. — P. Ring
This is a wonderful animal hospital. Will highly recommend them for anyone who loves and cares about their pets. — B. Lewis
Have taken our pets there for years. Dr. R. Is the best. We appreciate him and the rest of his hard working staff. — C. Yeary
These are our first pets and first ever Vet visit. We are very pleased with the attention, knowledge, and quality of care. Very pleased with our decision!. — J. Tibbetts
We love the care the staff provides, they are big enough to provide services without having to wait long for an appointment, but still make you feel like family. Love this place. — T. Ha
Took my cat in today on an emergency basis and they were so helpful and kind. They have done what they can for him. I have a dog too and this is the only place I will be taking her to. Best vet we have ever been too. — L. Hamilton
Exceptional customer service and great care of my Sammy! Dr. Rodriguez "Dr. R" is the BEST! — A. Garcia
We absolutely love Schertz Animal Hospital for our puppy! They are so caring and take good care of our Bella. — P. Willard
The entire staff is friendly to me and my Bradley. I feel that my Bradley is in good hands. — A. Cano
Love Schertz Animal Hospital. The staff are all friendly and helpful. Dr. Mossburg is thorough and caring. We have taken 3 of our rescues there. Most recently our 7 year old Rottweiler we rescued. They have always taken excellent care of them. — A. Peterson
Schertz Animal Hospital really cares about your pet. They know their stuff. They been in Schertz for many years. All the doctors really know how to relate to us as they are pet owners too. I highly recommend them for all your Veterinary needs. You won't be sorry. SAH thank you for taking such great care of my Service Dog. — K. Duchess
Schertz Animal Hospital is a group of some of the most selfless people. They have been so attentive and caring to my pups, literally dropping everything to care for their needs. I am blessed and ever so grateful to have this team a part of my little family's life. Alley and Noah looooove you all! Y'all are the bomb dot com! Keep on keepin' on ladies and gents! — A.H
Dr. Mossberg and his assistant, Terri, are outstanding! Rusty can be difficult and they are so patient and kind. My husband and I really appreciate that they go the extra mile! Thank you!!! — T. & M. Taylor
I am totally satisfied with the practices, procedures, and service currently in place and have no recommendation for improvement. — R. Schutte
The front staff are awesome and have great attitudes. Very friendly and approachable. — R. & D. Carter
This is the one place that I feel completely safe with taking my Jasmine too. All of you take good care of her. Thank you. — C. & J. Smith
I appreciate being able to walk in (I did call first) with no appt. The doctor was booked but he still took care of my pet. Kudos to Dr. Rodriguez!! — S. & C. Mag
You are doing everything super good!!! Keep it up!!!! — W. Williams
I have never had a vet office that treats its patients so well, and throughly explains all diagnosis and possible treatment. I have always bragged on this office and will continue to do so. — M. & N. Heller
Always professional, clean atmosphere. — J. Wilson
Love how Dr Rodriguez has a passion for what he does - it makes a huge difference! The staff is friendly and caring - thank you. — Anonymous
Very nice facility that is well kept up. Whenever one of my pets needs medical care,I know I can rely on Schertz Animal Hospital to provide excellent care. — D. & R. Lanier
Dr. Rodriguez and his staff are always pleasant, caring and I feel very confident in the care given to all of our pets! :) — M. & J. Hild