In-House Veterinary Lab: Providing Fast & Accurate Diagnoses
For injured or ill pets, time is of the essence. At Schertz Animal Hospital, we have found that the sooner we can make a diagnosis and begin treatment, the better our patients respond to treatment and the sooner we can get them back to their normal activities. For this reason, Schertz Animal Hospital is equipped with an in-house laboratory that can quickly process test results.
Some of the tests we can run on-site include:
- Blood chemistry panel—Analyzing a blood sample can give our doctors an indication of how well the pet’s organs are functioning, if they are fighting a disease, and any blood clotting issues.
- Packed cell volume (PCV)—This test alerts our veterinarians to the possibility of anemia or having low/high blood count.
- Glucose testing—Just like humans, pets can have illnesses that affect their ability to maintain proper blood sugar amounts.
- Parvovirus testing—Parvovirus is a highly contagious and life-threatening disease in dogs that can cause severe vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy.
- Feline leukemia and FIV testing—Both FIV and feline leukemia are incurable and fatal diseases in cats. Thankfully, feline leukemia can be prevented. Be sure to check our pet wellness care page for vaccination information.
- Heartworm screening—Heartworm is a parasite that lodges in the heart of a dog or cat. Annual screenings are recommended for dogs and preventive measures are available for both dogs and cats.
- Intestinal parasites screening—Schertz Animal Hospital recommends that pets be kept on preventive measures for intestinal parasites such as roundworm, hookworm, and tapeworm. These are also parasites that can be spread to humans, especially the immune compromised, children, and the elderly
Whether your pet requires emergency lab work or routine wellness checkups, the in-house laboratory of Schertz Animal Hospital is equipped to provide quick and accurate diagnosis so we can keep your pet in the best possible health.
Awesome, caring, sympathetic and pets are Number One! — D.O
I LOVE Dr. Mossberg. He and the staff are Amazing and SOOO CARING! They are the BEST — M. Lerma
Dr. Mossburg is WONDERFUL! He is so patient! Answers all my questions. I don't feel rushed. He is just so awesome with our Sophie! — S. Cobarruvias
This is the only place I trust with my girl. They always take great care of my Yorkie. — A Byrd
We can't say enough about Schertz Animal Hospital. Dr. Rodriguez and the whole staff are wonderful and so caring. — P. Ring
This is a wonderful animal hospital. Will highly recommend them for anyone who loves and cares about their pets. — B. Lewis
Have taken our pets there for years. Dr. R. Is the best. We appreciate him and the rest of his hard working staff. — C. Yeary
These are our first pets and first ever Vet visit. We are very pleased with the attention, knowledge, and quality of care. Very pleased with our decision!. — J. Tibbetts
We love the care the staff provides, they are big enough to provide services without having to wait long for an appointment, but still make you feel like family. Love this place. — T. Ha
Took my cat in today on an emergency basis and they were so helpful and kind. They have done what they can for him. I have a dog too and this is the only place I will be taking her to. Best vet we have ever been too. — L. Hamilton
Exceptional customer service and great care of my Sammy! Dr. Rodriguez "Dr. R" is the BEST! — A. Garcia
We absolutely love Schertz Animal Hospital for our puppy! They are so caring and take good care of our Bella. — P. Willard
The entire staff is friendly to me and my Bradley. I feel that my Bradley is in good hands. — A. Cano
Love Schertz Animal Hospital. The staff are all friendly and helpful. Dr. Mossburg is thorough and caring. We have taken 3 of our rescues there. Most recently our 7 year old Rottweiler we rescued. They have always taken excellent care of them. — A. Peterson
Schertz Animal Hospital really cares about your pet. They know their stuff. They been in Schertz for many years. All the doctors really know how to relate to us as they are pet owners too. I highly recommend them for all your Veterinary needs. You won't be sorry. SAH thank you for taking such great care of my Service Dog. — K. Duchess
Schertz Animal Hospital is a group of some of the most selfless people. They have been so attentive and caring to my pups, literally dropping everything to care for their needs. I am blessed and ever so grateful to have this team a part of my little family's life. Alley and Noah looooove you all! Y'all are the bomb dot com! Keep on keepin' on ladies and gents! — A.H
Dr. Mossberg and his assistant, Terri, are outstanding! Rusty can be difficult and they are so patient and kind. My husband and I really appreciate that they go the extra mile! Thank you!!! — T. & M. Taylor
I am totally satisfied with the practices, procedures, and service currently in place and have no recommendation for improvement. — R. Schutte
The front staff are awesome and have great attitudes. Very friendly and approachable. — R. & D. Carter
This is the one place that I feel completely safe with taking my Jasmine too. All of you take good care of her. Thank you. — C. & J. Smith
I appreciate being able to walk in (I did call first) with no appt. The doctor was booked but he still took care of my pet. Kudos to Dr. Rodriguez!! — S. & C. Mag
You are doing everything super good!!! Keep it up!!!! — W. Williams
I have never had a vet office that treats its patients so well, and throughly explains all diagnosis and possible treatment. I have always bragged on this office and will continue to do so. — M. & N. Heller
Always professional, clean atmosphere. — J. Wilson
Love how Dr Rodriguez has a passion for what he does - it makes a huge difference! The staff is friendly and caring - thank you. — Anonymous
Very nice facility that is well kept up. Whenever one of my pets needs medical care,I know I can rely on Schertz Animal Hospital to provide excellent care. — D. & R. Lanier
Dr. Rodriguez and his staff are always pleasant, caring and I feel very confident in the care given to all of our pets! :) — M. & J. Hild