The 9-1-1 on Xylitol Dangers for Pets

Many of us know that chocolate is toxic to pets, especially to our dogs. But there is a relatively new ingredient in many products that you might not even know about. This sugar substitute, called Xylitol, is extremely toxic to dogs. Even small amounts can cause hypoglycemia, seizures, and even death, if not treated aggressively and quickly.

Schertz Animal Hospital explores Xylitol dangers, how to recognize the signs of toxicity, and where to find Xylitol in your home.

Continue…