Schertz Animal Hospital’s Blog
Oh, The Places You’ll Go: Memorable Pet Travel Destinations
Your intrepid pet may be ready to cross state borders again, but where should you go this time around? There are so many incredible pet travel destinations across our country, it can almost be an accomplishment to simply decide where to make all those sweet, relaxing, and playful memories.
To make it easier for you and your pet, we’ve done some of the legwork to get you one paw closer to the fun times you both crave – and deserve.
It can be daunting to whittle down all the choices. From coastline bungalows to rugged mountain retreats, where will your pet be comfortable, happy, and safe? You know your pet the best and can choose your pet travel destination according to your pet’s interests, lifestyle, and preferences.
Where To Stay
Bring Fido has amassed a serious compendium for all types of lodgings, including camping, motels, resorts, and vacation rentals. It’s so wonderful to know that your pet’s needs can – and will – be accommodated at the pet-friendly spot you decide on, and that your trip’s value increases through the amount of attention and care your pet will receive.
For example, W Hotels really go the extra mile for their four-legged guests. From offering toys, treats, pet bed, food and water bowls, and unique concierge services for pet-centered activities, your pet will truly feel like a million bucks. If you have your own events to attend on your vacation, you can arrange for custom pet-sitting, walking, or grooming services to be conducted in your absence.
Also, Loews Hotels provides rawhide bones, catnip, scratch poles, litter boxes, and other helpful home-away-from-home goodies that will make your stay a cinch.
Where To Go
With so many idyllic, fun-filled pet travel destinations out there, it’s hard to narrow it down, but we tried our best. We bring you the following ideas:
- Seattle – With so much greenery for your pet to enjoy, it’s simply luscious. The Warren G. Magnuson Park provides a carefree, off-leash experience, and your pup can splash about in the waters of Lake Washington. If you need further convincing, you can bring your pet inside his or her carrier or an a leash aboard a ferry!
- San Diego – Truly the ultimate pet and pet-lover destination, San Diego is warm, sunny, and full of good times. Check out the famous Dog Beach for all sorts of other dogs swimming, sun-bathing, and playing in the sand. Afterwards, clean up in the Dog Wash, and get a sugar-free ice cream treat at the Lighthouse.
- Portland – This fine city boasts over 30 off-leash parks, and many trails offer gorgeous vistas of surrounding mountains. Getting out of the city will also prove delightful, as Oregon is home to plentiful wineries that will welcome your pet with open arms.
- Scottsdale – For a trip a little closer to home, check out the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa for a pampering experience that takes care of all of your pet’s needs. While in Arizona, you could join other pet lovers at the red rocks of Sedona or the Grand Canyon.
- Pinellas County, FL – Previously the recipient of the award for America’s best beach, your four-legged friend could heartily enjoy the fantastic Paw Playground at Fort De Soto. View your pet splashing about in warm salt water and frolicking in the sand for hours on end.
- Cape Cod – Oh, there’s just no place like the cape…Although some beaches have summer restrictions on furry friends, many continue to leave out the welcome mat year-round. There are lots of beach trails and walking paths for your and your pet to enjoy while away from home.
Pet Travel and Safety
While out and about, please brush up on road trip safety tips, and other pet travel tips to make your pet travel vacation one for the books. We hope you’ll call us with questions, and don’t forget to send us a postcard!
Awesome, caring, sympathetic and pets are Number One! — D.O
I LOVE Dr. Mossberg. He and the staff are Amazing and SOOO CARING! They are the BEST — M. Lerma
Dr. Mossburg is WONDERFUL! He is so patient! Answers all my questions. I don't feel rushed. He is just so awesome with our Sophie! — S. Cobarruvias
This is the only place I trust with my girl. They always take great care of my Yorkie. — A Byrd
We can't say enough about Schertz Animal Hospital. Dr. Rodriguez and the whole staff are wonderful and so caring. — P. Ring
This is a wonderful animal hospital. Will highly recommend them for anyone who loves and cares about their pets. — B. Lewis
Have taken our pets there for years. Dr. R. Is the best. We appreciate him and the rest of his hard working staff. — C. Yeary
These are our first pets and first ever Vet visit. We are very pleased with the attention, knowledge, and quality of care. Very pleased with our decision!. — J. Tibbetts
We love the care the staff provides, they are big enough to provide services without having to wait long for an appointment, but still make you feel like family. Love this place. — T. Ha
Took my cat in today on an emergency basis and they were so helpful and kind. They have done what they can for him. I have a dog too and this is the only place I will be taking her to. Best vet we have ever been too. — L. Hamilton
Exceptional customer service and great care of my Sammy! Dr. Rodriguez "Dr. R" is the BEST! — A. Garcia
We absolutely love Schertz Animal Hospital for our puppy! They are so caring and take good care of our Bella. — P. Willard
The entire staff is friendly to me and my Bradley. I feel that my Bradley is in good hands. — A. Cano
Love Schertz Animal Hospital. The staff are all friendly and helpful. Dr. Mossburg is thorough and caring. We have taken 3 of our rescues there. Most recently our 7 year old Rottweiler we rescued. They have always taken excellent care of them. — A. Peterson
Schertz Animal Hospital really cares about your pet. They know their stuff. They been in Schertz for many years. All the doctors really know how to relate to us as they are pet owners too. I highly recommend them for all your Veterinary needs. You won't be sorry. SAH thank you for taking such great care of my Service Dog. — K. Duchess
Schertz Animal Hospital is a group of some of the most selfless people. They have been so attentive and caring to my pups, literally dropping everything to care for their needs. I am blessed and ever so grateful to have this team a part of my little family's life. Alley and Noah looooove you all! Y'all are the bomb dot com! Keep on keepin' on ladies and gents! — A.H
Dr. Mossberg and his assistant, Terri, are outstanding! Rusty can be difficult and they are so patient and kind. My husband and I really appreciate that they go the extra mile! Thank you!!! — T. & M. Taylor
I am totally satisfied with the practices, procedures, and service currently in place and have no recommendation for improvement. — R. Schutte
The front staff are awesome and have great attitudes. Very friendly and approachable. — R. & D. Carter
This is the one place that I feel completely safe with taking my Jasmine too. All of you take good care of her. Thank you. — C. & J. Smith
I appreciate being able to walk in (I did call first) with no appt. The doctor was booked but he still took care of my pet. Kudos to Dr. Rodriguez!! — S. & C. Mag
You are doing everything super good!!! Keep it up!!!! — W. Williams
I have never had a vet office that treats its patients so well, and throughly explains all diagnosis and possible treatment. I have always bragged on this office and will continue to do so. — M. & N. Heller
Always professional, clean atmosphere. — J. Wilson
Love how Dr Rodriguez has a passion for what he does - it makes a huge difference! The staff is friendly and caring - thank you. — Anonymous
Very nice facility that is well kept up. Whenever one of my pets needs medical care,I know I can rely on Schertz Animal Hospital to provide excellent care. — D. & R. Lanier
Dr. Rodriguez and his staff are always pleasant, caring and I feel very confident in the care given to all of our pets! :) — M. & J. Hild