Veterinary Services for the Pets of Schertz TX
Schertz Animal Hospital understands the importance of providing quality veterinary care options for the pets of the greater Schertz area. Our veterinarians and staff participate in educational training and continual professional development both in-house, as we meet together every Monday afternoon, and in the greater veterinary community, as we attend conferences and training seminars to stay abreast of the best practices in veterinary medicine.
As part of our commitment to providing high-quality and compassionate pet care, we offer many services. Click on the links below for more information on each of these pet care services:
- Pet skin care services —From allergies to mites and bacterial and fungal infections, pets can experience a wide variety of skin issues. Our facility is equipped to diagnose and treat most pet skin conditions.
- Pet boarding and bathing —Caring for your pet while you are away is an important job, and we strive to make every pet feel like this is his or her home away from home. We also know the stresses involved when there are medical conditions in pets. What better situation than having medical professionals care for your pet in a boarding facility that is equipped to meet the special needs of pets requiring medical care?
- Veterinary cancer treatments —Advances in cancer treatment in people have also led to advances in treatment for pets. From biopsies to chemotherapy options, our hospital is equipped to offer treatment options to extend length and quality of life for pets fighting cancer.
- Pet dental care —A healthy mouth greatly contributes to the overall health of a pet. The veterinarians and staff of Schertz Animal Hospital will assess your pet’s dental health and guide you through the steps to take to keep his or her teeth and gums in excellent condition.
- Veterinary diagnostics —Pets can fall prey to many different illnesses, and diagnosing their condition is complicated by the fact that they cannot communicate with us directly. Schertz Animal Hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to speed the analysis of samples and move toward treatment options quickly.
- End-of-life care —The needs of pets approaching the end of life can be challenging, and making difficult decisions on quality of life is heart-wrenching. The expert, compassionate care and guidance of the Schertz Animal Hospital team can ease many aspects of this process.
- Pet eye care —Eye injuries and ailments can become serious quickly and require medical assistance in a timely manner. Schertz Animal Hospital’s veterinarians have experience diagnosing and treating a number of different eye care conditions.
- In-house laboratory —When pets are injured or ill, a fast diagnosis can make the difference in how well or how quickly they recover. Schertz Animal Hospital is equipped with an in-house lab that can process samples and give vital diagnostic results within minutes.
- Veterinary internal medicine —Similar to humans, pets can have many issues regarding the functioning of their internal organs. The expertise and experience of our veterinarians lead to faster, more accurate diagnosis and treatment possibilities.
- Pet nutrition —With the wide variety of nutritional options available to pet owners, Schertz Animal Hospital has found that providing nutritional guidance had greatly benefited pets and pet health.
- Pet pain management —Pets are not able to push through pain like people do, so pain can complicate existing conditions as they may stop eating or moving. Our veterinarians can help manage a pet’s pain status and restore comfort and mobility.
- Stem cell and laser therapy —Advances in technology have led to some exciting and highly beneficial medical treatments for pets. Our laser therapy and stem cell therapy options are yielding excellent results in the treatment of arthritis and joint conditions.
- Veterinary surgery —From routine spays and neuters, to more complicated exploratory surgeries, the veterinarians of Schertz Animal Hospital have the experience and advanced training necessary for most surgical procedures.
- Pet wellness care —Preventive care is the best way to ensure a pet lives a long, full, and healthy life.
If you have any questions about the services Schertz Animal Hospital provides, please feel free to contact us.
Awesome, caring, sympathetic and pets are Number One! — D.O
I LOVE Dr. Mossberg. He and the staff are Amazing and SOOO CARING! They are the BEST — M. Lerma
Dr. Mossburg is WONDERFUL! He is so patient! Answers all my questions. I don't feel rushed. He is just so awesome with our Sophie! — S. Cobarruvias
This is the only place I trust with my girl. They always take great care of my Yorkie. — A Byrd
We can't say enough about Schertz Animal Hospital. Dr. Rodriguez and the whole staff are wonderful and so caring. — P. Ring
This is a wonderful animal hospital. Will highly recommend them for anyone who loves and cares about their pets. — B. Lewis
Have taken our pets there for years. Dr. R. Is the best. We appreciate him and the rest of his hard working staff. — C. Yeary
These are our first pets and first ever Vet visit. We are very pleased with the attention, knowledge, and quality of care. Very pleased with our decision!. — J. Tibbetts
We love the care the staff provides, they are big enough to provide services without having to wait long for an appointment, but still make you feel like family. Love this place. — T. Ha
Took my cat in today on an emergency basis and they were so helpful and kind. They have done what they can for him. I have a dog too and this is the only place I will be taking her to. Best vet we have ever been too. — L. Hamilton
Exceptional customer service and great care of my Sammy! Dr. Rodriguez "Dr. R" is the BEST! — A. Garcia
We absolutely love Schertz Animal Hospital for our puppy! They are so caring and take good care of our Bella. — P. Willard
The entire staff is friendly to me and my Bradley. I feel that my Bradley is in good hands. — A. Cano
Love Schertz Animal Hospital. The staff are all friendly and helpful. Dr. Mossburg is thorough and caring. We have taken 3 of our rescues there. Most recently our 7 year old Rottweiler we rescued. They have always taken excellent care of them. — A. Peterson
Schertz Animal Hospital really cares about your pet. They know their stuff. They been in Schertz for many years. All the doctors really know how to relate to us as they are pet owners too. I highly recommend them for all your Veterinary needs. You won't be sorry. SAH thank you for taking such great care of my Service Dog. — K. Duchess
Schertz Animal Hospital is a group of some of the most selfless people. They have been so attentive and caring to my pups, literally dropping everything to care for their needs. I am blessed and ever so grateful to have this team a part of my little family's life. Alley and Noah looooove you all! Y'all are the bomb dot com! Keep on keepin' on ladies and gents! — A.H
Dr. Mossberg and his assistant, Terri, are outstanding! Rusty can be difficult and they are so patient and kind. My husband and I really appreciate that they go the extra mile! Thank you!!! — T. & M. Taylor
I am totally satisfied with the practices, procedures, and service currently in place and have no recommendation for improvement. — R. Schutte
The front staff are awesome and have great attitudes. Very friendly and approachable. — R. & D. Carter
This is the one place that I feel completely safe with taking my Jasmine too. All of you take good care of her. Thank you. — C. & J. Smith
I appreciate being able to walk in (I did call first) with no appt. The doctor was booked but he still took care of my pet. Kudos to Dr. Rodriguez!! — S. & C. Mag
You are doing everything super good!!! Keep it up!!!! — W. Williams
I have never had a vet office that treats its patients so well, and throughly explains all diagnosis and possible treatment. I have always bragged on this office and will continue to do so. — M. & N. Heller
Always professional, clean atmosphere. — J. Wilson
Love how Dr Rodriguez has a passion for what he does - it makes a huge difference! The staff is friendly and caring - thank you. — Anonymous
Very nice facility that is well kept up. Whenever one of my pets needs medical care,I know I can rely on Schertz Animal Hospital to provide excellent care. — D. & R. Lanier
Dr. Rodriguez and his staff are always pleasant, caring and I feel very confident in the care given to all of our pets! :) — M. & J. Hild